3A - My Entrepreneurship Story

Welcome to my blog! 


My name is Nick Lorenzo and I am an undergrad business student at UF. I am currently studying and interning abroad this semester in London, which is something that will definitely impact my blog posts this semester! Overall, I do not have as much personal entrepreneurial experience as I would like, however, lately I have dipped my toes in the water so to speak. In order to fundraise for my study abroad trip this summer, I decided to sell as many of my family's and my own unwanted belongings as possible. This process was actually a win-win for me, as beyond making money, I was also inspired by Marie Kondo's Netflix show to declutter my life. As a result, working through this process was extremely personally satisfying as well. I listed many items online for sale as well as held a large garage sale in Miami to raise as much money as possible before I left. All things considered, I was pretty successful and made a decent amount that'll definitely help me this summer with my travel expenses. To be honest, I do not have a strong interest in entrepreneurship as a career, however, I do find the principle to be very compelling and could potentially inform future investments or lead to sources of supplementary income. Initially, I signed up for this course as I need it in order to satisfy a requirement, but I do genuinely think that it has the potential to benefit me in some way. This semester I hope to gain more insight into the world of entrepreneurship and discover things that I can take away in order to benefit me going forward.  

Comments

  1. I think you crafted the post very well. And I think that your drive to raise money for your summer internship gives you pretty good experience, whether it is technically entrepreneurship or not. Also, studying abroad will give you lots of experiences that few people have. Enjoy London mate, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22A Elevator Pitch No.3