8A – Solving The Problem

1. The opportunity I have in mind is the fact that many people often struggle with figuring out what to cook based on what they have on hand or when they are out of inspiration. Often times people have a lot going on in their lives and food may fall to their back of their minds in terms of importance, often leading people to revert to a less than the ideal situation which may involve frozen meals or delivery service. Additionally, people can often stick to the same few meals and may need that extra push in terms of coming up with new, creative, and exciting meal options. 

2. In order to capitalize on this opportunity, I plan to present customers with both a product and a service. Specifically, I believe that this idea can manifest in the form of an app with an additional premium service option. In terms of the product itself, the app, I would like it to provide users with options based on what is in their kitchen at the time as well as ideas to expand their food horizons. Within the app itself, I plan to offer a premium in-app subscription wherein users are provided with detailed daily meal plans that are curated according to specific dietary plans. Options for this plan would include vegetarian, vegan, seafood lover, meat lover, organic, and paleo amongst many others. I also would like to provide meal plans based on preferences, for instance, Italian, Mexican, and Chinese inspired menus. To further develop this notion, premium users will have the ability to select multiple plans by applying filters for each dietary preference so as to incorporate a user's varied preferences. Beyond this, I would like to provide a separate premium subscription option in the form of a weekly regularly scheduled food delivery service based on dietary needs and preferences. 

Comments

  1. Hi nick! I love this idea! As a student who lives off campus and doesn't have a meal plan this would be an incredible tool for me! I feel like if you really fleshed this idea out and found people with innovate and simple recipes this could definitely take off. Have you checked out the meal hero app? It could provide some inspiration. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick, your idea is really good. I know I could really use it, and I'm sure other people who actually love cooking will definitely like it as well. One thing I would be worried about is making it noticeably different from the Blue Aprons service. You said the subscription service would be an optional, but if its not different enough, people might just go for the free version. Either way, it's a great idea. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22A Elevator Pitch No.3